At the NCWorks Career Center Asheville, the goal is to help you get the tools and skills you need for success in every step of the job search.
Register online at NCWorks.gov to take a look at available job listings, get referrals, and apply online.
- Build or upload a résumé so your skills and experiences can be matched to jobs listed there.
- Talk with staff about the industries with jobs in demand and what local companies are currently hiring for those jobs.
- Learn the job-search skills and strategies that will give you the winning edge in landing a job.
- Explore local labor market information and salaries.
- Learn about on-the-job training opportunities.
- Attend career workshops that get results.
Funds are available to eligible individuals to cover the cost of short-term and long-term training. Ask for information on WIOA Financial assistance.
Use the free online tutorials and training programs to build the skills you need to be most competitive in the job market.
Free computer use, Internet, and fax machine access is available for job seekers in the computer resource labs.
Take advantage of the many assessments available to help you become aware of your skills and your skills gaps. Learn what training can help you fill in the gaps.
For more details, please visit NCWorks.gov.