Western North Carolina AIDS Project (WNCAP) is dedicated to preventing new cases of HIV/AIDS and promoting self-sufficiency in people living with HIV. WNCAP provides HIV-related client support, prevention, education and advocacy activities guided by the belief that all people are entitled to equal access to health care. WNCAP employees 20 people and has 3 locations in Western NC.
Working under WNCAP’s Pharmacy Services Coordinator, the Client Eligibility Navigator (CEN) provides case management and outreach to referrals for biomedical HIV/HCV prevention and/or treatment, including regular check-ins to engage in care and sending/following up on referrals to appropriate medical providers. The CEN assesses clients’ eligibility for programs by interviewing clients and obtaining all necessary data and supporting documentation for applications in a complete, accurate, and timely manner, and in accordance with programmatic guidelines and WNCAP policy.
The CEN will assist the Pharmacy Services Coordinator with other tasks as-needed, and provide back-up for department by cross training with Coordinator. Travel is required for trainings, conferences, meetings, client-home visits, and client medical appointment transportation.
This is a full time nonexempt position. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interview, paperwork, and processing for program enrollments.
- Case management, including medication adherence check-ins, case notes, and scheduling/providing transportation for related medical appointments.
- Primary liaison between clients and pharmacies.
- PAP applications for uninsured clients to obtain treatment medications.
- Other medication assistance applications, i.e. NC HMAP (formerly ADAP).
- Education to the community about PrEP & PEP, including tailored presentations to diverse audiences and tabling events.
- Facilitate and handle logistics of monthly PrEP Outreach Committee meetings.
- Attend relevant offsite meetings on behalf of WNCAP and collaborate with community partners.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience, OR comparable combined education and experience required.
Candidates must have the following skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word experience required, familiarity with PowerPoint preferred), Google Drive, Gmail, and data entry/tracking.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Respectful interaction with diverse populations, including LGBTQ and IDU clients.
- Ability and willingness to work under challenging situations.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle liability coverage.
- Working knowledge of 340B program rules and regulations (340B University On-Demand completion certificate strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of medication assistance programs.
- Working knowledge of biomedical HIV prevention and care strategies, including PrEP & PEP, and Hepatitis C treatment basics.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Public speaking experience preferred but not required.
Must be willing and able to spend long periods of time in stationary position working at a computer. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
The Client Eligibility Navigator is a full-time nonexempt position based out of WNCAP’s Asheville office, located at 554 Fairview Road, Asheville NC 28803.
Salary range is $30-35k/year.
Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch.
Dress code is business casual. WNCAP is a certified living wage agency.
Partial employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance
Paid time off
WNCAP is an equal opportunity employer; females, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including “Client Eligibility Specialist” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all correspondence received.