Takeout, Delivery & Curbside Options
Hundreds of restaurants and bars have been affected by Gov. Roy Cooper’s order to close. Lots of places are offering takeout, delivery and curbside option. Restaurants include 67 Biltmore, BimBeriBon, Broth Lab, Bouchon, Cantina Louie, Copper Crown, FarmBurger South Asheville, Roman’s Deli, Tacobilly, Rankin Vault, and others. Visit this site that lists local restaurants that offer takeout, avltoday.6amcity.com.
Support Local Businesses
Order food to go, shop online, and buy gift cards at AshevilleStrong.
- Moog and Korg have released their synthesizer apps for free.
- Make a Spotify playlist with your friends online.
- Turn off the news, turn up the music, and dance!
- Consider sending a donation to the artists and musicians who brighten your days and provide a means of escape from daily stress.
- Watch a live concert at home. Here’s John Legend live on Instagram. See this article.
- You can watch videos from Asheville venues on IAMAVL or the IAMAVL Facebook page.
Asheville Virtual Tours
Take a virtual tour of the Asheville Art Museum collection.
The Southern Highland Craft Guild provides a virtual tour of current exhibitions.
See this article for more!
Explore Asheville has helped to create interactive, virtual tours of more than 20 iconic area hikes and destinations. From Biltmore to the top of Mount Mitchell, you can explore iconic Asheville locations from the comfort of your couch!
Go online and tour the British Museum, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Space Center in Houston, the National Gallery of Art, the Acropolis Monuments, the Guggenheim, the San Diego Zoo, and The Louvre. See this article for more.
Enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of Asheville thanks to video playlists on Explore Asheville’s YouTube channel. From the inspiration Return Again video featuring music from Asheville band River Whyless to a timelapse footage of mountain sunrises, sunsets and cloud inversion, experience the beauty of the Blue Ridge.
Read, Reconnect, Learn
- Call your close friends and family members.
- Text someone an old picture or memory to remind them how much they mean to you.
- Read a book.
- Listen to a podcast. Here is a list of the Best New Podcasts of 2020.
- Research a topic that interests you.
- Practice or learn a new language. Duolingo is free and quite addictive (in a good way)!
- Cook a new recipe with your family.
- Gather, write down and organize your family recipes.
- Clean your house one room at a time.
- Clean out and organize the garage.
- Declutter your house or home office. Keep what you love and donate or trash the rest.
- Workout or stretch.
- Spend time on hobbies or crafts.
- Walk around the neighborhood.
- Sketch or draw.
- Play a fun board game with your family.
- Go outside and work on your yard.