Struggling to come up with the perfect gift for a loved one who lives in an assisted living community? Here are a few ideas.
- The gift of time. Nothing beats your presence. Giving time to someone you love is the most precious gift they can receive.
- Gift certificate to the beauty shop. Everyone likes to look glamorous. A new hairstyle is sure to be a winner.
- Cozy bathrobe and/or slippers. The gift of warmth and coziness is hard to beat.
- Favorite snack items. 2 a.m. cravings solved.
- All occasion greeting cards. Let them show someone else they are loved (don’t forget the stamps).
- Prefilled address book. Goes well with #5.
- Preloaded electronic picture frame or a memory box to hang on the wall. Make sure it’s of people and or places they love!
- Hand lotions and favorite toiletries. We all run out sometimes.
- Automatic nightlights (so they can find those snacks at 2 a.m.).
- Washable fabric walker caddie (helps when carrying items to activities and the dining room).
Wishing you lots of love, joy and happiness.