Buncombe County Health and Human Services is now operating two drive-through COVID-19 testing sites.
Two testing sites are available:
- Biltmore Church at 35 Clayton Road, Arden
- UNC Asheville Campus, parking lot P28 on University Heights off of W.T. Weaver Boulevard
The sites will be open 1-6 p.m. and will operate weekdays 10 a.m.-6 p.m., based on the availability of supplies.
According to BCDHHS spokeswoman Stacey Wood, “We will be operating this drive through clinic as long as tests are available and ask that community members be patient throughout the screening and testing process.”
Testing is available to all members of the community, regardless of income or ability to pay.
Tests will be done on those who:
- Have a fever combined with either a cough or shortness of breath or
- Have contact with someone with known COVID-19 and are experiencing any of the symptoms: fever, cough or shortness of breath.
At the testing site:
- Follow the signs for the parking lot where testing will be conducted.
- Stay in your vehicle. An employee will direct where to go and will give you the necessary paperwork before conducting testing and guide you throughout the entire process.
Note: Sona Pharmacy is no longer offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing. Refer to the Sona Pharmacy Clinic on Facebook for ongoing updates.
If you are currently experiencing known COVID-19 symptoms and are in need of testing, please refer to the resources provided by the Buncombe County Health Department at www.buncombecounty.org.