The Council on Aging of Buncombe County, in conjunction with the NC Department of Insurance Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) announces its classes “Introduction to Medicare—Understanding the Puzzle” for January–March 2020.
The classes, which are free and open to the public, will explain how Medicare works, the enrollment process, how to avoid penalties, and ways to save money.
Residents who are new to Medicare, caregivers, and others who help senior citizens with their Medicare insurance should consider attending this informative class. The information presented is unbiased and accurate. No products are sold, recommended, or endorsed.
Free Medicare Classes
- Friday, January 17, 2020: Goodwill, 1616 Patton Ave, Asheville
- Wednesday, January 22: Blue Ridge Health, 2579 Chimney Rock Rd, Hendersonville
- Wednesday, February 19: Blue Ridge Health, 2579 Chimney Rock Rd, Hendersonville
- Friday, February 21: Goodwill, 1616 Patton Ave, Asheville
- Friday, February 28: OLLI/ Reuter Center, 1 University Heights, Asheville
- Thursday, March 12: Reuter YMCA, 3 Town Square Blvd, Asheville
- Friday, March 20: 2–4 p.m. Goodwill, 1616 Patton Ave, Asheville
- Wednesday, March 25: Blue Ridge Health, 2579 Chimney Rock Rd, Hendersonville
To register, visit the Council on Aging of Buncombe County’s website (www.coabc.org) or call the Council on Aging at (828) 277-8288. All classes are from 2–4 p.m.