Testing is available for people who think that they may have COVID-19.
- Anyone with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19
- Close contacts of known positive cases, regardless of symptoms
- Persons who live in or have regular contact with high-risk settings (e.g., long-term care facility, homeless shelter, correctional facility, migrant farmworker camp)
- Persons who are at high risk of severe illness (e.g., people over 65 years of age, people of any age with underlying health conditions)
- Persons who come from historically marginalized populations
- Health care workers or first responders (e.g. EMS, law enforcement, fire department, military)
- Front-line and essential workers (grocery store clerks, gas station attendants, etc.) in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain
The Buncombe Ready COVID-19 Self Checker can help you assess whether or not you need to be tested for COVID-19.
Community Based Testing Sites for Buncombe County Residents
Please bring your insurance card if you have one. Testing is available to everyone regardless of their race, income, gender, ethnicity, citizenship status, or religion. COVID-19 testing will not impact your ability to receive future public assistance benefits or public charge status.
- A-B Tech Allied Health Parking Lot, 10 Genevive Circle, Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1-4pm (Drive Thru)
- Dr. Wesley Grant Sr. Southside Center, 285 Livingston St., Thursday, June 18, 2020 1-4pm (Drive Thru/Walk-Up)
Testing sites are outdoors and will be cancelled in the event of storms based on notification from the National Weather Service. Notice of cancellation will be made by 9am on the day of testing.
COVID-19 Testing Providers
Please go online or call ahead to schedule a visit and to confirm the location of the testing site.
MAHEC Family Health Center
- Please call the MAHEC Family Health Center for a telemedicine visit before you arrive.
- MAHEC Family Health Center
- Call (828) 257-4730
- Sliding Scale may apply.
Mercy Urgent Care
- Visit www.mercyurgentcare.org to schedule a telemedicine appointment or a safe visit at one of eight WNC locations.
Mission My Care Now – Biltmore Park
- 310 Long Shoals Road, Suite 110, Arden, NC 28704
- (828) 213-4444
- Monday-Sunday from 7am – 7pm
- Please go to Mission My Care Now – Biltmore Park to be seen by a provider before being tested for COVID-19. Patients who do not show signs of COVID-19 (asymptomatic) will not be tested
Range Urgent Care
- Please go online or call before you arrive.
- Call (828) 412-0327
- Email: email@example.com
CVS Pharmacy at 1080 Hendersonville Rd
- Click here to find out if you are eligible for free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing.
- Call (828) 274-3631 to learn more or make an appointment