Change lives and build skills at YMCA Camp Watia
YMCA Camp Watia is more than just an overnight summer camp. We are a home to a lucky few, and home away from home for many more. At camp, you will have an opportunity to see children flourish under your care and to see yourself grow in a short period of time. You’ll build friendships that can last a lifetime as well as skills that translate well to the workplace.
Seasonal Positions Available
- Boys Village Cabin Counselor
- Lifeguard Cabin Counselor (must have current lifeguard certification)
Contract dates: May 28 or June 2-Aug. 14, 2021. Room and board included. Transportation available from Asheville to Bryson City if necessary. Click here to apply.
- Kitchen Assistant
- Facility Assistant
Contract dates: April-September. Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come, first served with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process. Learn more about the requirements and apply for food service jobs here, and property maintenance positions here.
- All staff are expected to model the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and to commit themselves to strengthening themselves and others in spirit, mind, and body.
- We require a sincere interest in youth and the ability to work with others in a group effort.
- Dates of employment are April through mid-August depending on position.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required for counselor positions. We offer training if needed.
- Applicants need to be high school graduates who are 18+ (of college age).
YMCA Camp Watia does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.