Outstanding benefits include health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan, free Y membership, and discounts on afterschool childcare and summer camp
This full-time position provides administrative assistance to ensure the smooth operation of child nutrition programs at the YMCA’s afterschool programs, summer camps, and various other community locations. The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-directed, skilled at building relationships, tech-savvy, and has a passion for community-based service.
- Coordinate program logistics (identify meal vendors, order supplies, develop schedules, etc.)
- Collect program data and generate service reports
- Monitor sites for operational compliance and provide technical assistance as needed
- Act as the primary point of contact for program policies
- Develop creative and engaging enrichment activities for meal site participants
- Assist with grant applications
- Identify opportunities to promote health equity, diversity, and inclusion in programs and in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a degree in related field(s)
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to drive a box truck preferred
Outstanding benefits for this position include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life insurance and long-term disability paid by the Y; short-term disability, term life insurance and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement plan with a current employer contribution of 12% of salary (subject to minimum requirements)
- Free YMCA membership
- Discounts on afterschool childcare and summer camp
How to apply
To apply, go to https://ymcawnc.org/careers and click on the Community Health button.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.