YMCA of WNC Summer Meals Mobile Kitchen Driver
This seasonal part-time position is responsible for the implementation of Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) meals, food safety procedures, sanitation of the Healthy Living Mobile Kitchen, and management of volunteers. The Summer Meals Mobile Kitchen Driver will be responsible for the safe transport of food, staff, and volunteers for the SFSP. Additional responsibilities are noted below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct regular vehicle maintenance checks and sanitation checks using correct YMCA and USDA forms
- Report any and all kitchen or vehicle problems to the Executive Director of Community Health immediately
- Maintain a positive, safe, and supportive environment for participants and coworkers
- Attend and participate in all staff training and events
- Ensure respect and cleanliness of the facility, following ServSafe standards
- Build upon existing relationships with community partners and local organizations
- Engage participants in Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- Assist in developing an enriching curriculum that promotes recurrence of participants
- Assist in meal counts for federal and state reports
- Assist in marketing the SFSP to surrounding communities
- Accept and demonstrate the core values of the YMCA
- Maintain a professional attitude and conduct oneself in accordance with the YMCA mission
- Adhere to Health Department regulations and make modifications to program as directed by supervisor
- Have a complete knowledge of emergency procedures
- Notify Nutrition Director in writing of planned absences at least two weeks in advance
To apply, go to https://ymcawnc.org/careers and click on the Community Health button.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.