$12-15 per hour; full time hours include generous company sponsored benefits (Group Health, PTO, Paid Holidays, plus many more).
No experience necessary, but experience is a plus. We will train you and maintain all required certifications (CPR, First Aid, NCI+, etc.).
Provide inclusive care to all clients including feeding, bathing, dressing, incontinence changing, etc. Ensure clients’ safety and well-being at all times. Carry out client individualized programs and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement programs and procedures as prescribed.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the clients at all times.
- Ensure client’s basic needs (i.e. toileting, eating, bathing, etc) are met.
- Attend all mandatory in-service training and staff meetings.
- Report and document any relevant changes in behavior/performance.
- Report and document any medical concerns.
- Maintain all required training.
- Successfully complete medication administration course.
- Follow Universal Precautions and OSHA Guidelines related to Exposure to Blood and Body Fluids.
- Follow Emergency Plan as needed.
- Interact with residents and other employees using proper voice tone, tolerance, and patience.
- Have knowledge of individual’s rights and ensure that rights are respected at all times.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of each resident.
- Understand resident’s immediate needs and address them in a therapeutic manner.
- Seek out information needed to perform duties by following proper chain of command.
- Work closely with co-workers in a team approach and communicate information accurately.
- Complete a resident inventory for each resident every three months as directed.
- Complete household/housekeeping duties as assigned.
Visit our office at 2 Rose St. W., Asheville, NC 28803 to complete an application in person.
You may also submit your completed application to:
ATTN: Human Resources, Irene Wortham Center, 916 W. Chapel Rd., Asheville, NC 28803
Fax to ATTN: Matt Lands, 828-274-1582
Additional details at www.ireneworthamcenter.org/career-opportunities.php