Holiday markets feature local food and gifts for the season.
Even though it’s cold out, you can still find fresh, local food at area farmers tailgate markets. Several markets in Buncombe County will offer holiday markets or extended seasons in December. In addition to seasonal produce, meats, cheeses, and bread, these markets feature local artists and handmade goods, such as wreaths, pottery, jewelry, and more.
ASAP’s Farmers Market at A-B Tech
The market is located in A-B Tech’s parking lot A-13, adjacent to the A-B Tech/Mission Health Conference Center (16 Fernihurst Dr.). Enter the market via Fernihurst Dr. off Victoria Rd., following campus signs to the conference center. Market staff will control the number of shoppers in the market area at one time by limiting the number of cars in the parking lot. When you arrive at the market, please follow signs and staff directions to queue inside your vehicle until instructed to park your car in the parking lot. There may be a 15- to 30-minute wait to park during peak shopping times.
Weekly Buncombe County Farmers Markets
- ASAP Farmers Market, 16 Fernihurst Dr. Saturdays through Dec. 19, 9 a.m.-noon; Jan. 9-March 27, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- North Asheville Tailgate Market/The Holiday Bazaar, 3300 University Heights Dr. Saturdays through Nov. 21, 8 a.m.-noon; Nov. 28-Dec. 19, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- River Arts District Farmers Market, 289 Lyman St. Wednesdays, year-round, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Weaverville Tailgate Market, 76 Monticello Road. Wednesdays through Dec. 23, 2-5 p.m.
- West Asheville Tailgate Market, 718 Haywood Rd. Tuesdays through Dec. 22, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
ASAP’s Double SNAP initiative will continue through the end of the year at ASAP Farmers Market, North Asheville Tailgate Market, and West Asheville Tailgate Market. Double SNAP is a one-to-one match on dollars spent through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at farmers markets. For every dollar spent using SNAP/EBT, customers get twice that amount to buy fresh, healthy food.
More than a dozen additional winter and holiday markets are operating outside of Buncombe County. Find a full list at asapconnections.org/find-local-food/farmers-markets.
About ASAP (Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project) – ASAP’s mission is to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food. To learn more, visit asapconnections.org.