Presented by the Apollo Theater on Sunday, December 27, 2020 beginning at 7 p.m.
The virtual celebration features Abdel R. Salaam’s Forces of Nature Dance Theatre, with special guests Mumu Fresh, Marc Bamuthi Joseph, Harlem Children’s Zone, and others.
The tradition of Kwanzaa at the Apollo continues in 2020 on the Apollo Digital Stage! Since 2006, the Apollo Theater has celebrated Kwanzaa, bringing families and communities together from all of New York’s five boroughs. This year we have witnessed unprecedented disruption – a deadly pandemic, social unrest, economic tumult, an exhaustive presidential race and uncertainty around every corner.
This digital gathering to celebrate culture, tradition, ritual, and community in New York and around the country is more important than ever. Tune in on Sunday, December 27th and exhale.
Presenting the Seven Principles of Kwanzaa (Nguzo Saba):
- Umoja/Unity – Duma Ndluvo
- Kujichagulia/Self Determination – Javier Gooden
- Ujima/Collective Work and Responsibility – Billy Mitchell
- Ujamaa/Cooperative Economics – Sade Lythcott
- Nia/Purpose – Camryn Bruno
- Kuumba/Creativity – Kamilah Forbes
- Imani/Faith – Chief Ayanda Clarke
Register to attend Kwanzaa Celebration: Regeneration Night free of charge at www.apollotheater.org/event/kwanzaa-celebration-2020.