|David Koch, author of Slaying the Dragon…the Journey from the Dungeon to the Ivory Tower.|
After serving two years in state and federal prisons, David Koch was paroled. Realizing he never wanted to return to prison, Koch made the unconditional commitment to re-enter mainstream society and embrace everything that a crime-free, successful life has to offer. However, the felon label isn’t easy to shed.
Not only did Koch do so, but he went on to achieve an extraordinary level of success… personally and professionally. Koch earned all of the commercial and instructor certificates and ratings as a pilot, including the highest certificate attainable – the Airline Transport Pilot Certificate.
In his new book, Slaying the Dragon … the Journey from the Dungeon
to the Ivory Tower, Koch shares his amazing journey from prison to the
sky and eventually to the chief executive suite at one of the leading
companies that built the North American infrastructure of the Internet.
Yet Koch feels his most important contribution to society and
most meaningful personal achievement is his mentoring of young people.
He receives a tremendous amount of satisfaction helping at-risk youth
discover their talents and gifts while working toward fulfilling their
Following are some of the realistic, challenging, and inspiring topics that Koch can discuss:
• Why is accepting responsibility and self-blame the key to reinvention?
• How can you completely change your path and achieve success?
• What is the greatest challenge facing ex-cons re-entering mainstream society?
• What are some of the realistic “how-to” methodologies of self-reinvention?
• Punishment and rehabilitation…what really works?
• What is the most effective motivator…pleasure or pain?
• How can our educational system be improved to reduce the number of young people choosing a life of crime?
David Koch is currently the primary financier at Green Lab
Holdings, Inc, a firm re-inventing the generation and distribution of
energy in the U.S. Koch, accompanied by his yellow lab, Buddy, also
provides informative, inspirational and motivational seminars in
correctional facilities for working staff, and both adult and youthful