Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Heavy Equipment Excavator position currently open in the System Services Division. Open until filled.
Pay will depend on qualifications. The District offers a highly competitive benefits package.
Under general supervision, performs skilled work requiring the application of specialized techniques and knowledge in operating motorized equipment and vehicles, maintenance and installation of sewerage lines for the Metropolitan Sewerage District of Buncombe County. Work involves operating a variety of vehicles and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of sewerage lines, operating backhoes, trackhoes, and other associated equipment.
Work also involves performing maintenance tasks requiring limited skills or special knowledge acquired through training or work experience, performing manual labor while not operating equipment. Some independent judgment and initiative are required in dealing with routine maintenance tasks and repairs. Physical strength and endurance are required to perform manual labor for extended periods of time, possibly in adverse weather and working conditions. Reports to the Construction Crew Leader or Senior Construction Crew Leader or the Manager of System Services Construction.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from high school or GED, or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience operating heavy equipment in construction or related field.
• Possession of a valid CDL-A driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
• Must obtain “Competent person certification” within 2 years of selection.
• Ability to read, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
MSDBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer