The Bilingual Medical Case Manager’s primary role is to identify and mitigate barriers to medical care for people living with HIV, in particular, WNCAP’s Spanish speaking clients. The Bilingual Case Manager must have the ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish fluently.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with clients in both English and Spanish, verbally, and written communication.
- Complete Needs Assessment & Person-centered Care Plan.
- Provide culturally competent services and help clients achieve their Care Plan goals.
- Coordinate/link individuals to medical appointments.
- Coordinate/link individuals to transportation for health-related appointments; and/or provide transportation for health-related appointments utilizing personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement is provided for use of personal vehicle).
- A four-year degree from an accredited College or University is required; or an Associate Degree with 2 years experience in a related field; or 5 years experience in case management or related human services fields; o other equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Regular work hours are 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday with 1-hour paid lunch.
This position is based in WNCAP’s Asheville office. The starting pay range is $35-40k/year, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Partial employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
We strive to foster a workplace that supports and amplifies a diverse array of voices and experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, people living with HIV, and veterans to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, including “Bilingual Medical Case Manager” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete description of job duties, qualifications, and benefits, please visit wncap.org/employment-opportunities.
To learn about other open positions at WNCAP, sign up for our monthly e-newsletter.
WNCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.