Mountain Housing Opportunities, Asheville, North Carolina
Mountain Housing Opportunities (MHO) is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving principally Asheville, Buncombe County, and other areas of western North Carolina. Our mission is to build and improve homes, neighborhoods, communities, and lives, and to build hope and dignity in the people we serve. We believe that if you work in this community you should be able to live here in a safe, attractive affordable home in a good neighborhood, and when you retire or if you become disabled, this should still be true.
MHO produces over $10 million each year in affordable and workforce housing development, apartment leasing and management, home lending, housing preservation in the form of Emergency Home Repairs for low-income homeowners, and neighborhood revitalization. Since our founding in 1988, MHO has helped over 6,000 households and now serves over 1,600 people each year in our combined programs.
For more job information, see mtnhousing.org/about-us/jobs
MHO is working to build on our positive record of Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) by incorporating REDI principles and practices in all areas of MHO operations, programs, hiring and human resources, training, promotions, contracting, management and governance.
THE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
MHO seeks a Real Estate Developer (RED) who serves as part of MHO’s rental development team and is responsible for both development of new projects and managing capital projects in the MHO portfolio. The RED reports to the Director of Real Estate Development and works with the other Real Estate Developers, Development Interns, Architects, and other key agency staff to advance the following principles of Equitable Development:
· Safe, affordable housing, should meet the needs of residents, including communities of color, and reduce racial disparities, taking into account past history and current conditions.
· New developments are equitably experienced by the people currently living and working in a neighborhood, as well as for new people moving in.
· Increasing the capacity of people of color to strengthen their communities and determine the future of their own neighborhoods
· Meaningful community engagement provides leadership in decision-making to a diversity of voices, including targeted strategies to engage historically marginalized communities.
· Built environments enhance community health through access to public amenities (schools, parks, open spaces, health care and other services), access to affordable healthy food, improved air quality, and safe and inviting environments.
The RED’s responsibilities include:
· Feasibility of Potential Projects
· Financial and Community Support
· New Construction and Acquisition
· Coordination of Development Activities
· Team Effectiveness, Community Relationships and Professional Expertise
It is the policy of MHO to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a strong benefits package.
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC is conducting this search. To apply, click on the link to the MHO position profile at www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume and professional references. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. No phone calls please.