Full-Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with frequent need to adjust the schedule to cover evening and weekend recruiting needs.
Implements a college-wide, regional recruiting program that supports the mission, inclusion, and enrollment goals of the college, specializing in outreach to all prospective student populations and community and educational partners. Works with college constituents to create effective recruiting campaigns. Provides regular recruiting activity and outcome reports.
- Represents the college to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals, businesses, and organizations involved in the college selection process.
- Designs, coordinates and contributes to the success of broad student and community visitation programs, virtual and in-person special events and activities.
- Promotes and embodies a professional appearance and attitude and engages in behaviors that create an inclusive and welcoming environment in which all people are valued and supported.
- Works with Enrollment Services Department to assure easy applicant transition to the college, including providing comprehensive enrollment services to students.
- Utilizes and implements resources, such as web sites, social media, and workshops to help students prepare for college.
- Maintains awareness of new programs, courses, and opportunities for students and community partners.
- Provides enrollment and liaison services to prospective, current, and returning students.
- Utilizes recruiting technology and customer relationship management software.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports recruitment data in response to the strategic enrollment needs of the college, using a Customer Relationship Management tool, which documents and tracks college prospective students. Reports recruitment data to Director of Enrollment Services and Coordinator of Admissions.
- Provides strong student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, inclusion, adaptability, problem-solving, and support of student success.
- Represents A-B Tech through a thorough knowledge of the college’s academic programs and services.
- Assists with New Student Orientation classes and functions as needed.
- Organizes and conducts campus tours.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
- Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; 2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent recruiting or student services work experience in a higher education setting; 3. Must have work experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services.
One year full-time or equivalent work experience in recruiting or student services in a community college setting; 2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Applications should be submitted by 8 a.m. on March 22, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Apply online at abtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/5542
A-B Tech prohibits discrimination based on any characteristic or condition protected by law.