Due to the need for physical distancing posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, following guidance from Buncombe County and State health officials, there will be no public fireworks display.
Instead, the Asheville Downtown Association is planning a virtual Independence Day celebration featuring an online concert series with eight local bands. The online concert will air Saturday, July 4, 2020 beginning at 4 p.m. and feature eight local artists at four venues across Asheville.
Featured artists include:
- BoogiTherapi with Ryan RNB Barber – funk from Asheville Music Hall at 4 p.m.
- Jane Kramer & Friends – singer/songwriter from The Grey Eagle at 4:30 p.m.
- Lyric – soul, R&B from The Orange Peel at 5 p.m.
- Peggy Ratusz & Daddy LongLegs – blues, jazz from Isis Music Hall at 5:30 p.m.
- Joe Lasher – country from The Orange Peel at 6 p.m.
- Funk Jam House Band – funk, rock from Asheville Music Hall at 6:30 p.m.
- Fireside Collective – bluegrass from Isis Music Hall at 7 p.m.
- Empire Strikes Brass – New Orleans-style brass band from The Grey Eagle at 7:30 p.m.
Attractions, shops and restaurants (including dine-in service) will be open. Bring your mask/face covering — masks are required inside public places. Masks are also required outside in public places where social distancing isn’t possible.
You can tune in to IamAVL’s YouTube channel to watch the concert on the Fourth and enjoy a diverse offering of local music.