The Council on Aging of Buncombe County, in conjunction with the NC Department of Insurance’s Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP), will host classes on “Introduction to Medicare—Understanding the Puzzle” July through September 2022.
The classes will explain how Medicare works, the enrollment process, how to avoid penalties, and ways to save money.
The classes are held either in-person or via Zoom, and are free and open to the public.
Anyone who is new to Medicare, caregivers, and others who help senior citizens with their Medicare insurance should consider attending this informative class. The information presented is unbiased and accurate. No products are sold, recommended, or endorsed.
- Friday, July 15, 2–4 p.m. Goodwill,
- 1616 Patton Ave., Asheville (in-person)
- Friday, July 29, 2–4 p.m. Reuter Center, UNCA, 300 Campus View Rd., Asheville (in-person)
- Wednesday, August 10, 2–3:30 p.m. (Webinar via Zoom)
- Wednesday, August 17, 2:30–4:30 p.m. East Asheville Library, 3 Avon Rd., Asheville (in-person)
- Friday, August 26, 2–4 p.m. Goodwill, 1616 Patton Ave., Asheville (in-person)
- Wednesday, September 14, 2–3:30 p.m. (Webinar via Zoom)
- Friday, September 30, 2–4 p.m. Goodwill, 1616 Patton Ave., Asheville (in-person)
To register, visit www.coabc.org or call the Council on Aging at (828) 277-8288.