The Afterschool Youth Mentor is central to achieving the YMCA of WNC ‘s mission of promoting healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Youth Mentors work daily with students, pre-K-6th grade, together with an on-site team of afterschool staff dedicated to promoting wellness, social and emotional learning, and academic achievement in afterschool sites throughout the county. Site Hours are Monday thru Friday 2-6 p.m. with additional planning and staff development time. Additional responsibilities are noted below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Form safe supportive relationships with youth and families in a close, community environment provided through our school-based programs
- Attend weekly and monthly staff development events
- Must be able to stand, sit, play, crawl, jump, swim, speak, hear, listen, observe, and supervise for extended periods of time
- Use a variety of resources, provided by the School Site Director/Program Coordinator to introduce new skills throughout the execution of activities
- Works between 18-25 hours weekly during afterschool hours and on School’s Out days
How to Apply
To apply, go to ymcawnc.org/careers and click on the Child Care & Camp button.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.