Job Opening for Maintenance Mechanic, Wastewater Treatment Plant Division, Asheville, NC
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Maintenance Mechanic I job currently open in the WRF Maintenance Division. This position is open until filled.
Hiring rate $36,769 – $48,526 depending on qualifications and experience.
Under general supervision, performs skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment and machinery at the wastewater treatment plant and pumping stations for the Metropolitan Sewerage District of Buncombe County. Work involves performing a variety of skilled tasks in the maintenance of equipment, machinery, and related apparatus at the wastewater treatment facilities. Requires initiative and judgment in completing major tasks. Work may also include the operation of various motorized/non-motorized equipment used in repairs. Independent judgment is exercised in accordance with established procedures and practices. Reports to Mechanical Maintenance Crew Leader.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
– Graduation from high school or Journeyman’s card in relevant trade and 5 to 10 years of experience in the use and repair of small to large motorized equipment; or possession of a Level 2 Plant Maintenance Technologist Certification, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills.
– 5-10 years of pipefitting and mechanical equipment repair experience; ability to read piping/plumbing/building blueprints and shop drawings; use measuring tools (calipers, measuring tape, meggers, etc.);
– demonstrated ability to weld using stick, TIG, and MIG;
– Must have basic industrial electricity knowledge;
– Must possess basic computer skills sufficient to produce parts lists, and hours for work order completion and creation
– Possession of a valid North Carolina driver license.
Interested candidates can apply online at http://www.msdbc.org/employopps.php. Find more information at our website: www.msdbc.org. Resumes may also be submitted to email@example.com
MSDBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer